Registration Requirements By ARB For Graduate Architecture Students
According the S. 10 and S.12 of the Architects Registration Act Cap 269, one is eligible for registration upon the fulfillment of these requirements below;
- He or she must be a corporate member of the society or a corporate architect by whatever name called recognized for the time being by the board as furnishing sufficient guarantee of academic knowledge of any practical experience in architecture;
- He or she is a holder of a degree or diploma awarded by a university or other institution recognized for the time being by the board, and has had not less than two years’ practical experience and has passed the professional examination conducted by the board
- He or she has satisfied the board that he or she possesses qualifications which furnish a sufficient guarantee of the possession of the requisite knowledge and skill for the efficient practice as an architect.
- Copy of Corporate Membership Letter from the Uganda Society of Architects
- Filled out Registration Application Form (in duplicate) with all the required signatures and stamps as indicated on the form.
- Copies of certified academic qualification documents
- If you graduated from an institution outside Uganda, you have to provide a Letter of Equivalence of your academic qualifications/certificates from the National Council of Higher Education
- Copy of valid passport or National ID
- Color passport size photo(On each of the two forms)
- Copy of payment slip/receipt of ARB registration fees amounting to the equivalent of two hundred thousand Uganda shillings (200,000/=) only and application form fee of ten thousand Uganda shillings (10,000/=) only.
- Copy of payment slip/receipt for the Uganda Society of Architects Corporate Membership fees
Your final registration is subject to approval by the ARB Board and additional requirements may be requested.